The Benefits of Supplier Membership In The Pennsylvania Forest Products Association
Would your profits be affected if there were fewer sawmills, distribution yards, and
secondary wood manufacturing companies in Pennsylvania? Many of these forest product
businesses have been buying items from companies such as yours for generations. We
ask you to join PFPA in determining the future of the forest products industry. If our
timber and forest products industry is to survive and prosper, we need you to help the
only organization in Pennsylvania that looks out for the economic and political needs of
all sectors of the forest products industry.
Consider these reasons for joining PFPA:
- Thirty-five industry suppliers are currently members of PFPA.
- You can contact businesses that have the means to purchase your product if you
can meet their needs. Our association's 200+ members represent 75% of the
hardwood production capacity in Pennsylvania.
- You will have access to sawmills, loggers, pallet manufacturers, veneer
manufacturers, foresters, pulp & paper manufacturers, forestry consultants,
commercial landowners, industry suppliers, cabinet manufacturers, secondary
wood processors, fiber manufacturers, and wholesale concentration & distribution
- PFPA membership provides you with multiple formal or informal opportunities to
network with prospective customers at events such as the biennial Timber Show
hosted by PFPA, highlighting equipment and technology in the forest products
industry. Timber 2007 will be held at the Ag Progress Grounds near State
- You will get market exposure through PFPA's Annual Membership Directory and
Buyer's Guide, recognized as the best listing of Pennsylvania's sawmills and
other forest product companies in the state.
- Suppliers can get additional market exposure through advertising in two monthly
PFPA publications, the Hardwood Log and the Marketing Bulletin, that have a
significant readership among forest product companies in Pennsylvania.