The Benefits of Supplier Membership
In The Pennsylvania Forest Products Association
Would your profits be affected if there were fewer sawmills, distribution yards, or secondary wood manufacturing companies in Pennsylvania? Many of these forest product businesses have been buying items from companies such as yours for generations.
Current economic conditions can be made worse by policies and regulations that hurt Pennsylvania's forest product companies. You can help prevent this by joining the Pennsylvania Forest Products Association. PFPA is the only organization in Pennsylvania that looks out for the economic and political needs of all sectors of the forest products industry. More than two dozen industry suppliers are already members of PFPA.
In addition to helping protect our industry's interests, consider these reasons for joining PFPA:
- You can contact businesses that have the means to purchase your product if you can meet their needs. Our association's 200+ members represent approximately 75% of the hardwood production capacity in Pennsylvania. We also account among our membership many of the state's major secondary wood processors.
- You will have access to sawmills, loggers, pallet manufacturers, veneer manufacturers, foresters, pulp & paper manufacturers, forestry consultants, commercial landowners, industry suppliers, cabinet manufacturers, secondary wood processors, fiber manufacturers, and wholesale concentration & distribution yards.
- PFPA membership provides you with multiple formal or informal opportunities to network with prospective customers at events such as the biennial Timber Show hosted by PFPA, highlighting equipment and technology in the forest products industry. Timber 2015 will be held at the Ag Progress Days Show Site in Rock Springs, PA, near State College. Watch for news on the date in the near future.
- You will get market exposure through PFPA's Annual Membership Directory and Buyer's Guide, recognized as the best listing of Pennsylvania's sawmills and other forest product companies in the state.
- Suppliers can get additional market exposure through advertising in PFPA's Marketing Bulletin, which has a significant readership among forest product companies in Pennsylvania and surrounding states.