The Benefits to Secondary Processors
We need you to help an organization that looks out for our industry's economic and political needs in Pennsylvania. PFPA is the only forest products industry group with a full-time lobbyist working daily in Harrisburg. We vigilantly guard against those who would endeavor to increase governmental regulation, impose additional taxation on your facility, and reduce timber harvesting in Pennsylvania.
The Pennsylvania Forest Products Association (PFPA) is ready and willing to assist you. Consider these reasons for joining PFPA:
- PFPA is Pennsylvania's only organization focusing on state government issues and activities that affect all sectors of the forest products industry.
- One of the biggest concerns for a secondary wood processor is a consistent supply of material at a reasonable price. PFPA works diligently to ensure our industry has reliable and affordable access to both public and private forestland in the Commonwealth. These efforts have a direct positive impact on local lumber availability and pricing.
- PFPA has a proven track record of lobbying success. We have successfully fought to defeat new taxes manufacturing operations and energy that would have had a devastating impact on the ability for Pennsylvania's forest product companies to be profitable and grow.
- You will also help PFPA educate the public and government agencies about the economic and ecological benefits of utilizing renewable and sustainable wood products.
- You will get a weekly fax update on the legislative, regulatory and political issues that can have an impact on your company.
- PFPA membership provides you with multiple formal or informal opportunities to network with prospective suppliers at our annual and regional meetings and the biennial Timber Show hosted by PFPA, which highlights equipment and technology in the forest products industry. The next Timber Show is scheduled for 2015 at the Ag Progress Days Show Site in Rock Springs, PA, near State College. Watch for dates in the near future.
- You will get market exposure through PFPA's Annual Membership Directory and Buyer's Guide, recognized as the best listing of Pennsylvania's sawmills and other forest product companies in the state.
- You can also get additional market exposure through advertising in PFPA's Marketing Bulletin, which has a significant readership among forest product companies in Pennsylvania and surrounding states.