Eight Reasons Why Your Company Needs to Join the Pennsylvania Forest Products Association
Download an application now!
- PFPA is Pennsylvania's only organization focusing on state government issues and activities impacting all sectors of the forest products industry. You will be represented by professional lobbyists working in Harrisburg on a daily basis, influencing activities in both the Legislature and numerous regulatory agencies.
- You will have security in knowing that you're helping to keep a strong industry voice in Harrisburg. Can you afford to allow extreme environmentalists and ambitious bureaucrats to lead the policy discussion on how your company conducts its activities?
You will be helping your business by being involved with an organization that has a proven track record of lobbying success. In the past few years, PFPA has:
- Helped stop a proposal to create new taxes on manufacturing emissions and byproducts that would have cost the state's secondary wood processors more than $1 million annually
- Secured passage of a law that ensures that land enrolled in the state Clean and Green program can be lease for hunting without risk of penalty.
- Defeated a proposal to restrict logging access on the Pennsylvania's State Forest System by imposing an NEPA-like review process.
- Won enactment of law that makes it illegal for townships to ban logging.
- Obtained passage of law that sets strict rules for how municipalities can post and bond roads and bridges.
- Secured a dedicated funding source for long-term research on how to make Pennsylvania's forest more productive.
- You'll get the information you need on breaking laws and regulations from weekly faxed updates on state affairs from The Ticker, to in depth policy and regulatory analysis in the quarterly Hardwood Log.
You'll be supporting the state's most comprehensive effort to educate the public with a pro-forestry message. PFPA has developed and supports the following initiatives:
- Sustaining Penn's Woods, a State-endorsed environmental education curriculum
- Pennsylvania WoodMobile, a traveling exhibit and education program
- Public outreach and media kits for use by PFPA member companies
- Hardwood Showcases at the PSU General Aviation Terminal and the new PSU School of Forest Resources building
- You'll get market exposure through PFPA's Annual Membership Directory and Buyer's Guide, recognized as the best listing of Pennsylvania's sawmills and other forest product suppliers in the state.
- You'll have the opportunity to network with peers from various sectors of the forest products industry - suppliers and customers alike - at PFPA's Annual Meeting, biennial Timber Show, regional meetings and other member events.
- PFPA will be successful only with the joint voice and membership of all of the forest product companies across the state. How can you be assured of your company's future without supporting PFPA?